[comp.sys.dec] VT220 emulation needed for PC

kcb@marque.mu.edu (Kent Brodie) (05/03/89)

Without getting into the dirty details, I'll just state that I need to
find a GOOD dec VT220 (VT200) terminal emulation program for the IBM-PC
(and/or compatables..), at a LOW price (possible "shareware", etc..?).

I have found that "SMARTTERM 220" (et al) works just great, but the
many copies I need for our site make this cost-ineffective.

I have also tried the "QVT" emulation software (from a BBS), which
is ALMOST good enough, but does not function in "7 bit" mode.

Please respond directly to me, although I will check these groups
in case of any bounced mail....    Thanks for all your help, guys.

(ANY information leading me to what I need would be great  :-)
--
Kent C. Brodie      Smartmailers:    kcb@marque.mu.edu
  System Manager    UUCP:       ..uwvax!uwmcsd1!marque!kcb

thomas-m@hockey.cis.ohio-state.edu (Malcolm Thomas) (05/03/89)

In article <431@marque.mu.edu> kcb@marque.UUCP (Kent Brodie) writes:

>Without getting into the dirty details, I'll just state that I need to
>find a GOOD dec VT220 (VT200) terminal emulation program for the IBM-PC
>(and/or compatables..), at a LOW price (possible "shareware", etc..?).
>
>I have found that "SMARTTERM 220" (et al) works just great, but the
>many copies I need for our site make this cost-ineffective.
>
>I have also tried the "QVT" emulation software (from a BBS), which
>is ALMOST good enough, but does not function in "7 bit" mode.

I downloaded the QVT program for Windows but it just locks my computer
everytime I try to connect.  I have issued the proper (I think its the
proper) modem setup strings but it still locks my computer  -it's a
Gateway 2000 16Mhz AT compat.

Any help would really be appreciated because 132 columns sounds great to me.

Note: Followup --> comp.terminals, comp.sys.ibm.pc

thomas-m@cis.ohio-state.edu	| "Start of witty saying...
Dept of Cptr/Inf Sci, CAE 239	|     ...witty saying...
Ohio-State-U, Columbus, OH 43210|          ...end of witty saying."

todd@stiatl.UUCP (Todd Merriman) (05/04/89)

In article <431@marque.mu.edu> kcb@marque.UUCP (Kent Brodie) writes:

>Without getting into the dirty details, I'll just state that I need to
>find a GOOD dec VT220 (VT200) terminal emulation program for the IBM-PC
>(and/or compatables..), at a LOW price (possible "shareware", etc..?).

I have found no better a VT220 emulator then ZSTEM-PC from

	KEA Systems, Ltd.
	Suite 412
	2150 West Broadway
	Vancouver, BC V6K 4L9
	(604) 732-7411

Ask them about their site licensing, and remember:

	"Cheap is, as cheap does!"

   ...!gatech!stiatl!todd
   Todd Merriman * 404-377-TOFU * Atlanta, GA