[comp.sys.dec] autologin

sohail@savax.UUCP (Sohail Hussain) (06/01/89)

i have heard about an env variable "autologin" that controls
when you get logged off automaticly, but i can not find any
documentation for this variable

does this thing really exist?

ps. we are running ultrix 3.0 on a 785

sohail
--
Sohail Hussain						 sohail@sanders.com
Sanders, A Lockheed Company,				decvax!savax!sohail

treese@cirocco.crl.dec.com (Win Treese) (06/03/89)

In article <996@savax.UUCP>, sohail@savax.UUCP (Sohail Hussain) writes:

> i have heard about an env variable "autologin" that controls
> when you get logged off automaticly, but i can not find any
> documentation for this variable
>
> does this thing really exist?
>
> ps. we are running ultrix 3.0 on a 785

The variable is "autologout".  It is not in the standard /bin/csh on
Ultrix 3.0, but it is in the unsupported "newcsh", which you can load
from the unsupported tape.  It will appear as /usr/new.  Documentation
on newcsh is in the unsupported manual page subset.

Win Treese						Cambridge Research Lab
treese@crl.dec.com					Digital Equipment Corp.