[comp.sys.dec] CALL FOR DISCUSSION: comp.sys.harddrives

david@ms.uky.edu (Dan Chaney) (07/19/89)

In article <7345@cbmvax.UUCP> higgin@cbmvax.UUCP (Paul Higginbottom) writes:
>How about comp.sys.amiga.harddrives?
>
>There are SO many postings about "which drive is better" prices, configuration
>of various controllers, etc.

Ok, so I made a wide cross-posting ... but the newsgroup formation rules
say to make a cross-posting to all relavant groups.

I *know* that discussions of hard disks happen in all the comp.sys
groups.  What's the best one, what's compatible with what, and
so on.

What say we create comp.sys.harddrives? -- or some such.  Comp.periphs
is the closest relavant group that I ever found, but the discussion
just doesn't happen there.  At least not that I've seen.

	comp.{sys,periphs}.hard{drives,disks}

are the possible names which come to mind.
--
<- David Herron; an MMDF guy                              <david@ms.uky.edu>
<- ska: David le casse\*'      {rutgers,uunet}!ukma!david, david@UKMA.BITNET

aok@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (jacobs) (07/20/89)

  I, for one, am a great believer in the Amiga.  One idea that sounded
pretty good proposed the creation of comp.sys.amiga.expansion.

  Well, so much for my $.02

jbm@uncle.UUCP (John B. Milton) (07/20/89)

In article <12213@s.ms.uky.edu> david@ms.uky.edu (David Herron -- One of the vertebrae) writes:
>In article <7345@cbmvax.UUCP> higgin@cbmvax.UUCP (Paul Higginbottom) writes:

How about comp.periphs.harddisk?

*** REMEMBER TO POST ALL DISCUSSION TO news.groups ***
*** PUT news.groups ON THE Followup-To: LINE ***

John
--
John Bly Milton IV, jbm@uncle.UUCP, n8emr!uncle!jbm@osu-cis.cis.ohio-state.edu
(614) h:294-4823, w:466-9324; N8KSN, AMPR: 44.70.0.52; Don't FLAME, inform!