[comp.sys.dec] LAT problems with Ultrix 3.1

te07@edrc.cmu.edu (Thomas Epperly) (08/25/89)

I am having trouble with LAT on my DECstation 3100 running Ultrix 3.1.
Emacs is no longer able to automatically "set session passall".  I remember
that this was discussed earlier on this bboard, and I thought
that people said a patch was available to fix it.  When I called DEC
last Monday they denied the existence of such a patch tape.  Does a patch
exist for LAT?  How can I get it?  Please summarize the LAT information in
a mail message or bboard post.

Tom Epperly

In article <5968@pt.cs.cmu.edu> epperly@osnome.che.wisc.edu (Tom Epperly) writes:
> I am having trouble with LAT on my DECstation 3100 running Ultrix 3.1.
> Emacs is no longer able to automatically "set session passall".  I remember
> that this was discussed earlier on this bboard, and I thought
> that people said a patch was available to fix it.  When I called DEC
> last Monday they denied the existence of such a patch tape.  Does a patch
> exist for LAT?  How can I get it?  Please summarize the LAT information in
> a mail message or bboard post.

Yes, it's broken.  The problem has been SPR'd, but so far I haven't gotten
any actual fix out of DEC.  Time to call them again, I guess.  If you
really need automatic "passall", the only thing to do is go back to the
Ultrix 3.0 kernel - all the 3.1 utility updates will work fine with the
3.0 kernel (less bug fixes obviously).  Check comp.sys.ultrix for updates.