[comp.sys.dec] DECstation 3100/VAXstation 3100 serial port names

iglesias@orion.cf.uci.edu (Mike Iglesias) (09/02/89)

I've rummaged around in the documentation for both the DECstation 3100
and the VAXstation 3100 for the device names of the printer and modem
ports on the back of the system box, and have been unable to find them.
Could someone tell me the names of the ports or point me to the
place where I can find it?

Thanks in advance,

Mike Iglesias
University of California, Irvine
Internet:     iglesias@orion.cf.uci.edu
BITNET:       iglesias@uci
uucp:         ...!ucbvax!ucivax!iglesias

root@mjbtn.MFEE.TN.US (Mark J. Bailey) (09/02/89)

In article <2604@orion.cf.uci.edu>, iglesias@orion.cf.uci.edu (Mike Iglesias) writes:

> I've rummaged around in the documentation for both the DECstation 3100
> and the VAXstation 3100 for the device names of the printer and modem
> ports on the back of the system box, and have been unable to find them.
> Could someone tell me the names of the ports or point me to the
> place where I can find it?

At least on our stations, they are names /dev/tty00 and /dev/tty01.
As far as where to look for that information, I don't know for sure.
I found out by studying uucpsetup (addmodem in particular) and the
/etc/ttys file.

Hope this helps.

Mark.

--
Mark J. Bailey                                    "Ya'll com bak naw, ya hear!"
USMAIL: 511 Memorial Blvd., Murfreesboro, TN 37129 ___________________________