[comp.sys.dec] Does the VAXstation 3100 have a printer port?

rarback@max.bnl.gov (harvey rarback) (09/09/89)

I would like to purchase a VAXstation 3100 and need to know if it comes
with a printer port.  The DEC salesperson says it doesn't.  Is he right?
----
Harvey Rarback               PHYSnet: BNLX1::RARBACK
Brookhaven National Lab      BITNET:  RARBACK@BNL
Upton, NY 11973              Internet:rarback@bnl.gov
(516)282-3758

abstine@image.soe.clarkson.edu (Arthur Stine) (09/09/89)

From article <1471@bnlux0.bnl.gov>, by rarback@max.bnl.gov (harvey rarback):
> I would like to purchase a VAXstation 3100 and need to know if it comes
> with a printer port.  The DEC salesperson says it doesn't.  Is he right?
> ----
> Harvey Rarback               PHYSnet: BNLX1::RARBACK
> Brookhaven National Lab      BITNET:  RARBACK@BNL
> Upton, NY 11973              Internet:rarback@bnl.gov
> (516)282-3758

It comes with 2 serial ports, 1 intended for a printer, the second for
a modem. Your DEC salescreature might have confused your question
and thought you were asking for a parallel printer port, which it
doesn't have.

--
Art Stine
Sr Network Engineer

dbb@riscy.dec.com (David Barrett) (09/09/89)

> I would like to purchase a VAXstation 3100 and need to know if it comes
> with a printer port.  The DEC salesperson says it doesn't.  Is he right?

The VAXstation 3100 comes with 2 serial ports, on specifically for a
modem, the other
for a printer.

	David Barrett
	dbb@riscy.dec.com

awpsys@ultb.UUCP (Andrew W. Potter) (09/10/89)

In article <1471@bnlux0.bnl.gov> rarback@bnl.gov (Harvey Rarback) writes:
 >I would like to purchase a VAXstation 3100 and need to know if it comes
 >with a printer port.  The DEC salesperson says it doesn't.  Is he right?
 >----

Yes...it also has a modem port.  You can also have more terminals
(including printers) via LAT servers.  There is no limit on how many

- Anydy

--
Andrew W. Potter                 Bitnet:   awpsys@ritvax.BITNET
Systems Programmer               Internet: awpsys%ritvax.bitnet@cunyvm.cuny.edu