[comp.sys.dec] dxwm vs. uwm

bmc@sun1.MAYO.EDU (Bruce Cameron) (09/19/89)

I am in the process of testing an application that is to be able to run
under either dxwm or uwm and I have noticed the portion of code that uses
     XDrawText
     XDrawArc
     XDrawLines
produces the correct result (ie. text, curves and lines) when running under
dxwm but does nothing (ie nothing is drawn) when run under uwm. Is uwm that
fundamentally different that I would have to use other routines? Has anyone
else noticed this problem? Any suggestions (ie things to check for)?

Thanks in advance.

--Bruce
Bruce M. Cameron                    bmc@bru.mayo.edu
Medical Sciences 1-14               (507) 284-3288
Mayo Foundation                     WD9CKW
Rochester, MN 55905

We seek a world free of war and the threat of war. We seek a society
with equity and justice for all. We seek a community where every
person's potential may be fulfilled. We seek an earth restored.
                                                          -----FCNL

klee@gilroy.pa.dec.com (Ken Lee) (09/20/89)

In article <1650@nic.MR.NET>, bmc@sun1.MAYO.EDU (Bruce Cameron) writes:
> the portion of code that uses
>      XDrawText
>      XDrawArc
>      XDrawLines
> produces the correct result (ie. text, curves and lines) when running under
> dxwm but does nothing (ie nothing is drawn) when run under uwm.

Your problem description is pretty vague.  Does this happen with every
program that uses these calls, or only one?  Are you drawing only after
receiving Expose events?

Ken Lee
DEC Western Software Laboratory, Palo Alto, Calif.
Internet: klee@decwrl.dec.com
uucp: uunet!decwrl!klee