[comp.sys.dec] Wanted: Old PDP-8's

sandro@nlm-mcs.arpa (Michael D'Alessandro) (10/11/89)

I am interested in acquiring an old PDP-8, for purposes of restoring it
and then maintaining it, in operating condition.  One of my hobbies is
collecting old hardware, and restoring it to working condition.  If you
of any PDP-8's that are on the scrapheap, where one finds PDP-8 scrapheaps,
or if you have an old PDP-8 lying around the lab that you can't bear to
throw out for memory's sake; drop me a line.  I'd love to get my hands on
one of the beasts, I'd surely give it a good home.

--
Michael D'Alessandro M.D.
The National Library of Medicine

rs@eddie.mit.edu (Robert E. Seastrom) (10/13/89)

In article <10355@nlm-mcs.arpa> sandro@nlm-mcs.arpa (Michael D'Alessandro) writes:
>I am interested in acquiring an old PDP-8, for purposes of restoring it
>and then maintaining it, in operating condition.  One of my hobbies is
>collecting old hardware, and restoring it to working condition.  If you
>of any PDP-8's that are on the scrapheap, where one finds PDP-8 scrapheaps,
>or if you have an old PDP-8 lying around the lab that you can't bear to
>throw out for memory's sake; drop me a line.  I'd love to get my hands on
>one of the beasts, I'd surely give it a good home.

Perhaps you ought to join the PDP8-LOVERS mailing list.  It's a low-
volume mailing list composed of owners of PDP-8s and other old DEC
hardware.  For further information on PDP8-LOVERS, send mail to
PDP8-LOVERS-REQUEST@MC.LCS.MIT.EDU.  Be sure to include a reliable
path to your site and your real name (if your mailer doesn't automatically
include it).  If for some reason you should have trouble reaching
PDP8-LOVERS-REQUEST, you can send mail to me (rs@eddie.mit.edu) -
I maintain the mailing list.

Best of luck in your search for a PDP-8; if you need any information
or prints, contact me or the list - we can probably help.

                          ---Rob