[comp.sys.dec] problems with focus under X

richk@june.cs.washington.edu (Richard Korry) (10/20/89)

Has anyone else seen this problem? I am running X11.3 on a diskless 2100 with
8Mb. I am using twm as a window manager. Sometimes I will move my mouse
to another window and start typing and have the first few characters go
to the window previously pointed to and rest end up where they belong.
The new window is usually a program that requires paging in so there is
a delay associated with that. Any suggestions? thanks
	rich

klee@chico.pa.dec.com (Ken Lee) (10/20/89)

In article <9539@june.cs.washington.edu>, richk@june.cs.washington.edu
(Richard Korry) writes:
> Has anyone else seen this problem? I am running X11.3 on a diskless
2100 with
> 8Mb. I am using twm as a window manager. Sometimes I will move my mouse
> to another window and start typing and have the first few characters go
> to the window previously pointed to and rest end up where they belong.

This is a problem with TWM on all hardware.  A workaround is to set the
TWM NoTitleFocus option
(or something like that).

Ken Lee
DEC Western Software Laboratory, Palo Alto, Calif.
Internet: klee@decwrl.dec.com
uucp: uunet!decwrl!klee