[comp.sys.dec] LN03 printing problems

O04@PSUVM.BITNET (Kevin Maher - Behrend Computer Center) (12/12/89)

We have an LN03 Plus here that's not printing at the edges.  This began
in late October when a maintenance kit was installed on the right side.
Now, after another full maintenance kit, both edges are not printing.  Does
anybody know of anything that we could do here to fix it? (i.e. is there any
parts that could be cleaned)  Any input will be appreciated.  Thanx in
advance.
-------
  |    OOO                       |                                          |
  |   O   O                SSS   |  Why do today what's due tomorrow?       |
  |   O   O  PPP   U   U  S      |                                          |
  |   O   O  P  P  U   U   SSS   |  Hey...sounds good to me!  =-)           |
  |   O   O  PPP   U   U      S  |                                          |
  |    OOO   P      UUU   SSSS   |  KDM101@PSUVM         O04@PSUVM          |
  |          P                   |  KXM@PSUARCH          kdm101@psusun01    |
   Why should I want to disclaim anything???  It only makes me look guilty!

fac2@dayton.saic.com (Earle Ake) (12/13/89)

In article <89346.101953O04@PSUVM.BITNET>, O04@PSUVM.BITNET (Kevin Maher - Behrend Computer Center) writes:
> We have an LN03 Plus here that's not printing at the edges.  This began
> in late October when a maintenance kit was installed on the right side.
> Now, after another full maintenance kit, both edges are not printing.  Does
> anybody know of anything that we could do here to fix it? (i.e. is there any
> parts that could be cleaned)  Any input will be appreciated.  Thanx in
> advance.

	I have had problems like that.  The problem I was experiencing was
that something was blocking the delivery of the toner from the hopper to the
roller.  It may be dirt or something else.  Call DEC.  They can either vacuum
out the tray (and replace the toner) or they can replace the front drawer
entirely.  If you have the exact same problems I had, this should do it.

Earle Ake   /___ /___/ / /     Science Applications International Corporation
           ____//   / / /__                 Dayton, Ohio
Internet: fac2%dayton.saic.com@uunet.uu.net    uucp: uunet!dayvb!fac2