[comp.sys.dec] WANTED: Info on MDB MLSI-DZ11 Serial Mux

rflukes@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Richard F. Lukes) (01/11/90)

I have a few MLSI-DZ11 serial multiplexers which I purchased without
documentation.  Does anyone know if these boards are 100% compatible
with the DZV11 (except for the additional 8 ports)?  Do these boards
provide full 22-bit addressing?

Also,  I would appreciate an address for MDB systems if they are still
in business.

Thank you,
              Richard

--
Richard F. Lukes                    rflukes@ccu.UManitoba.CA
Computer Science Department         (or rflukes@ccm.UManitoba.CA)

DEMOVMS@pavo.concordia.ca (01/13/90)

In article <1990Jan10.192323.20443@ccu.umanitoba.ca>, rflukes@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Richard F. Lukes) writes:
> I have a few MLSI-DZ11 serial multiplexers which I purchased without
> documentation.  Does anyone know if these boards are 100% compatible

You neglected to mention which version (A, AC-X, B, E, A/422-X) you have,
and if you also have the distribution panel.

        However, the MDB boards are 100% compatible with the DEC boards.
(50 to 19.2Kbaud, prog. data and parity). They have a 4 level interrupt.
They are not 22-bit devices (only DMA devices (disk, tape, and some serial
multiplexors (DHV11) are). This board will work in any Q-BUS system, as long
as the operating system supports the device. Sorry, but I don't have the
pin-outs for the connector or info on the switches (ADDR and VEC).

        MDB is (was) located at 1995 North Batavia St., Orange, Calif. 92665,
 phone (714)998-6900. MDB was also sold in Canada by TRANDUCTION (Toronto).
 Sorry, no address or phone available (call 416 info).

      If you have any other questions, feel free to call directly via
BITNET, as I'm using a DEMO account to read NEWS.

-
        Mike Marak              BITNET  MARAK@VAX2.CONCORDIA.CA
        EMC LAB                 PHONE   (514)848-3118
        Concordia University
        Montreal
-