[comp.sys.dec] CDC WREN DISK; Wanted: Phone # for CDC?

ramesh@cbnewsl.ATT.COM (nallepilli.s.ramesh) (02/01/90)

Hi! I am planning to add a CDC Wren V (600 Mbyte) disk to may DECSTATION 3100.
Could somebody mail me a contact point at CDC? I have not been able to locate
a phone #!

Thanks.
N. Ramesh
att!harpo!ramesh

In article <3929@cbnewsl.ATT.COM> ramesh@cbnewsl.ATT.COM (nallepilli.s.ramesh) writes:
> Hi! I am planning to add a CDC Wren V (600 Mbyte) disk to may DECSTATION 3100.
> Could somebody mail me a contact point at CDC? I have not been able to locate
> a phone #!

Generally CDC does not deal with end users.  Your best bet is to find one of
the many distributors/remarketers that sell CDC products or subsystems that
will offer a semblence of support, packaging and whatnot.

Zaft@cup.portal.com (Gordon Christopher Zaft) (02/06/90)

In trying to reach CDC, you should be aware that the people you are
dealing with don't work for CDC anymore; they work for Seagate.
They formerly worked for Imprimis, which was spun off from CDC and then
sold to Seagate.
    Their main plant is in Minneapolis, but Seagate's hq is in
Scotts Valley, CA, I believe.

GZ
zaft@cup.portal.com

Frank.Mallory@f123.n109.z1.fidonet.org (Frank Mallory) (02/08/90)

 nA> Hi! I am planning to add a CDC Wren V (600 Mbyte) disk to may
 nA> DECSTATION 3100.
 nA> Could somebody mail me a contact point at CDC? I have not been able to
 nA> locate
 nA> a phone #!

(800)232-1985 - Control Data Contact Center
(800)828-8001 -    "      "  Storage Devices

As somebody else pointed out, the Imprimis division of CDC was sold to
Seagate recently; however, you may still be able to get the information you
seek on one of the above numbers.  If not, ask the information operator for
Seagate's toll-free number and take that route.

frank.mallory@blkcat.fidonet.org

--

	Frank Mallory at The Black Cat's Shack (Fidonet 1:109/401)
	Internet:  Frank.Mallory@f123.n109.z1.fidonet.org