[comp.sys.dec] Third party disks for VS2000

hansm@duteca8.tudelft.nl (Hans Mulder) (03/07/90)

A probably often asked question (in the past I assume):

	I want to put a disk in my diskless vaxstation, but am not willing
	to pay DEC prices. Are there third party disk which slip into the
	VS boxes without a problem? What kind of interface do those DEC
	(RD53/54) disks have? Are there third party disks which can be used
	with a limited amount of hacking/soldering?

Thanks in advance

Hans Mulder
hansm@duteca.tudelft.nl

pan@propress.com (Philip A. Naecker) (03/09/90)

--
I wrote a article in DEC Professional Magazine describing how do to this in
some detail.  I've since done it several times.  It's quite easy, and requires

The article appeared in about June-August 1989.  I don't recall the exact
issue, but if you can't find it let me know and I'll find it for you and send
you a copy.  You can also log on to DEC Pro's bulletin board system (called
ARIS) and get the text of the article yourself.

Phil

Philip A. Naecker                            Consulting Software Engineer
Internet: pan@propress.com                   Suite 101
          uunet!prowest!pan                  1010 East Union Street
Voice:    +1 818 577 4820                    Pasadena, CA  91106-1756
FAX:      +1 818 577 0073                    Also: Technology Editor
                                                   DEC Professional Magazine