[comp.sys.dec] Is a two-head VS3200/Ultrix possible?

stefan@wheaton.UUCP (Stefan Brandle ) (04/10/90)

In article <14071@watcgl.waterloo.edu> idallen@watcgl.waterloo.edu writes:
>From: "Ian! D. Allen [CGL]" <idallen>
>graphics subsystem.  Can I put it into the BA123 to make a two-head
>VS3200?  I know one can have a two-head MVII/GPX system; surely the
>nature of the CPU board isn't the limiting factor?

I have been told that it is possible.  In my case, we didn't have an extra
monitor just floating around, and the sales people suggested that for the price
of the monitor you can almost buy a whole new machine (RISC: faster too!) so
it would make better sense not to go for a double-headed critter.  Since you
have an extra monitor, it should work.  No, I don't know any details, but our
DECpeople say it's fine on the VS3200.

Stefan Brandle
--
Stefan Brandle                  UUCP: ...!{obdient,uunet!tellab5}!wheaton!stefan