[comp.sys.dec] More on Pro-350

SLSW2@cc.usu.edu (Roger Ivie) (04/29/90)

In article <29228@cup.portal.com>, Azog-Thoth@cup.portal.com (William Thomas Daugustine) writes:

> First is Venix. Is there a communication program (outside of uucp)
> for it? Also, how to format the floppy drives? (RX50) Id hate to
> wipe out the hard drive! I wont do anything till I know for sure...

C-Kermit should run on it if you can get it over there. I don't have
Venix on anything so I can't say for certain.

If you have access to a PC AT type machine and can get a program like
Uniform from MicroSolutions, you can format RX50s on the AT. The Pro's
controller can't format diskettes.

> Next is RT-11. Never used it before, so am totally lost. Any pointers
> anyone? right now Im running the comm program in the foreground,
> and nothing (just RT-11) in the background. I dont really know
> how to use the comm program, so I guess thats my own concern,
> unless its a 'standard' program?

I can snail-mail you a floppy with RT-11 KERMIT on it if you're more
familiar with kermit.

> Also, along with the trade for the 350, I also recived a PDP-11/04,
> but has no drives. Anyone know where to get them? I forget the
> number, but they arent RL02 drives, RHxx or something?

Sounds like you might have a MASSBUS controller in that 11/04; you know,
RM05 huge disk pack type things. But then I might be mistaken.

> Billy D'Augustine
> Azog-Thoth@cup.portal.com

Say, aren't you the guy that posted that stuff about the DE-100 in
comp.os.cpm?

Roger Ivie

35 S 300 W
Logan, Ut.  84321