[comp.sys.dec] <TAB> interpretation problem on ULTRIX system

In article <3294@husc6.harvard.edu> joltes@husc4.UUCP (Richard Joltes) writes:
> A question for anyone who's using LAT-based printers on ULTRIX systems...
>
> Recently I posted a query for anyone who'd actually set up such printing to
> find out about any quirks, etc.  The help I received was most appreciated, and
> my printers are now being switched over one by one to the TermServers.

I haven't seen this problem.  You might check what you have what your tty mode
settings are in the printcap file and also see whether your printers are getting
no tabs, hardware tabs or spaces for tabs in the direct connect and LAT attaceh
modes.  The easiest way to do this is use a crt that has a "view control
characters" mode as a "printer" and watch what you get...