[comp.sys.dec] NFS Client for VMS?

hart@blackjack.dt.navy.mil (Michael Hart) (07/05/90)

Someone before me bought Wollongong TCP & NFS for VMS; unfortuneatly,
as I found out in a moment of need, the NFS product is server side
only for VMS.

Does anyone know of or have a (preferable PD) NFS client side
software for VMS??

My need is to have a client that will talk to a VMS NFS server.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Michael G. Hart   hart@blackjack.dt.navy.mil /  mhart@dtrc.dt.navy.mil
DTRC/DoD			  |  "Wherever you go, there you are."- me
DISCLAIMER: If you want the Navy's opinion, talk to Secretary Cheney.

oberman@rogue.llnl.gov (07/06/90)

In article <hart.647196212@blackjack>, hart@blackjack.dt.navy.mil (Michael Hart) writes:
> Someone before me bought Wollongong TCP & NFS for VMS; unfortuneatly,
> as I found out in a moment of need, the NFS product is server side
> only for VMS.
>
> Does anyone know of or have a (preferable PD) NFS client side
> software for VMS??
>
> My need is to have a client that will talk to a VMS NFS server.

Doing a client for VMS is a killer. At one time Wollongong reportedly said it
couldn't be done. If they really said that, they were wrong.

The only client now available is from TGV, Inc and is layered on top of their
MultiNet product. While the client is pretty cheap, the base MultiNet is fairly
expensive. But chaeper than Wollongong when I last compared.

For information, contact TGV at 800 TGV-3440.

					R. Kevin Oberman
					Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
					Internet: oberman@icdc.llnl.gov
   					(415) 422-6955

Disclaimer: Don't take this too seriously. I just like to improve my typing
and probably don't really know anything useful about anything.