[comp.sys.dec] ftp for VMS?

tjhayko@THUNDER.LAKEHEADU.CA (07/05/90)

Does anyone know where I can the nessecary software to set up ftp on a
VAX 11/750 running VMS 5.3?  I think I'll need TCP (I haven't got it yet).

Tom Hayko
tjhayko@thunder.lakeheadu.ca

QUIT

smith@clion4.enet.dec.com (Joe Smith) (07/06/90)

Well, if your looking to spend a few $$$ DEC sells UCX (a.k.a.
VMS/Ultrix Connection) software...
It has ftp, nfs, and soon RPC features built-in...

Joe

In article <411@arkham.enet.dec.com> smith@clion4.enet.dec.com (Joe Smith) writes:
> Well, if your looking to spend a few $$$ DEC sells UCX (a.k.a.
> VMS/Ultrix Connection) software...
> It has ftp, nfs, and soon RPC features built-in...

We bought UCX and its soon to be features.  It has since been de-installed
and the evaluation copy of TGV Multinet is about to become permenant...

ben@vmsa.technion.ac.il (07/10/90)

In article <13067@cbmvax.commodore.com>, grr@cbmvax.commodore.com (George Robbin
s) writes:
> In article <411@arkham.enet.dec.com> smith@clion4.enet.dec.com (Joe Smith) wri
tes:
>> Well, if your looking to spend a few $$$ DEC sells UCX (a.k.a.
>> VMS/Ultrix Connection) software...
>> It has ftp, nfs, and soon RPC features built-in...
>
> We bought UCX and its soon to be features.  It has since been de-installed
> and the evaluation copy of TGV Multinet is about to become permenant...

Not a bad choice. While DIGITAL 'has it now', it may be hard to get and/or
service. Multinet's service (please note the address below) has been better
than any company I have ever worked with, and the product(s) are some of the
best.

|      Ben Pashkoff                 BEN@VMSA.TECHNION.AC.IL            |
|                                   BEN@TECHMAX.BITNET                 |
|                                   BEN@TECHUNIX.BITNET                |
|      VAX/VMS Systems                                                 |
|      Computer Center                                                 |
|      Technion IIT                 Phone:(972)-4-292177               |
|      Haifa, Israel 32000          FAX: (972)-4-236212                |