[comp.sys.dec] memory for dec5000, the nature thereof

emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti) (07/28/90)

Can someone clue me in on the price, availability etc. of 3d party memory
for Dec 5000's ?  From the little installation pictures it looks like they
are of a different design than the 3000s or ordinary SIMMS.

thanks.

--Ed

ralls@cisco.com (Vicki Ralls) (07/28/90)

Clearpoint makes very good memory for most DECish stuff.
Here are the contacts for them.

Hope this helps,

-vicki

International Headquarters Waltham, MA (508)435-2000

Westlake Village, CA (818)706-1745
Santa Clara, CA (408)727-2433
Ann Arbor, MI (313)930-6907
Waltham, MA (617)894-9464
Huntington, NY (516)673-9556
Annapolis, MD (301)224-4890
Atlanga, GA (404)395-1009
St. Louis, MO (314)436-1722

In article <EMV.90Jul27160448@urania.math.lsa.umich.edu> emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti) writes:

> Can someone clue me in on the price, availability etc. of 3d party memory
> for Dec 5000's ?  From the little installation pictures it looks like they
> are of a different design than the 3000s or ordinary SIMMS.

The latst "Digital Review" has an add from Caminton for DS5000 memory.  It looks
like a small board with a memory array and some buffer chips, so it's a step
further away from generic simms than the DS3000.  You'll have to check with
them for availability.  I'd expect all the 3'rd party vendors that service the
DS3000 to be working up DS5000 boards, but it takes a little while...