[comp.sys.dec] Can RA80 drives be reformatted?

kcwellsch@watmath.waterloo.edu (Ken Wellsch) (08/15/90)

I've got an RA80 drive circa 1984 that I've run "rabads" on (Ultrix11v3.0) with
an awful lot of bad blocks, many that could not be fixed.  In fact, it's now
hung on a block replacement; I suspect the RCT has become currupted. I'd like
to reformat the darn thing but don't have diagnostics and don't even know if
the RA series can even be "reformatted" or if one is stuck replacing the HDA.
What can I do?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

-- Ken Wellsch
   kcwellsch@watmath.waterloo.edu

terry@spcvxb.spc.edu (Terry Kennedy, Operations Mgr) (08/16/90)

In article <1990Aug15.022455.2356@watmath.waterloo.edu>, kcwellsch@watmath.waterloo.edu (Ken Wellsch) writes:
> I've got an RA80 drive circa 1984 that I've run "rabads" on (Ultrix11v3.0) with
> an awful lot of bad blocks, many that could not be fixed.  In fact, it's now
> hung on a block replacement; I suspect the RCT has become currupted. I'd like
> to reformat the darn thing but don't have diagnostics and don't even know if
> the RA series can even be "reformatted" or if one is stuck replacing the HDA.
> What can I do?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

  Well, if you're *sure* that reformatting is needed, you need to find your
diagnostic disk/tape (called XXDP, where XX may be 2 other letters). The for-
matter is ZUED??.

  The formatter warns that it is not to be run as a diagnostic tool, but only
when needed, as per the service manual. Generally the RA's don't need refor-
matting unless something else is wrong. Possibilities include:

  o Media/head damage - the HDA needs replacing
  o Logic board failure - needs replacing
  o Buggy driver for a UDA50 causing incorrect BBR

  Another case is when a drive is broken out of a shadow or volume set on an
HSC - if not properly dismounted from the HSC, a UDA50 will not mount it as
it sees an improper volume status. In such cases, reformatting may be easier
than getting the drive back to the HSC for a proper dismount.

  If you need more help, send mail and I'll see what I can dig up...

	Terry Kennedy		Operations Manager, Academic Computing
	terry@spcvxa.bitnet	St. Peter's College, US
	terry@spcvxa.spc.edu	(201) 915-9381