[comp.sys.dec] comp.sys.dec

wright@mdcbbs.com (08/16/90)

In article <24na02SWc0gV01@amdahl.uts.amdahl.com>, aksegu@uts.amdahl.com (Ashok Kumar A. Segu) writes:
> Hi,
>
>      I need to connect a DECstation 3100 running Wollongong's TCP/IP software
> to a twisted pair network.  I am unable to do this.  I am able to connect
> the DEC 3100 via thinnet or thicknet.

  You need to find out how the ethernet was put to twisted pair in the first
place, what conversion was used to go from thick/thin to twisted pair? Then use
the same method to return to thick or thin for connection at the DECstation.

 At our site we use Synoptics to go from thick to twisted and then use phone
line to offices for connections. At each ofice we then use a Synoptics
transceiver to go back to thick for connection.

--

    |	Dave Wright		 |	Phone:	(714) 952-6320             |