[comp.sys.dec] Can anyone identify this board?

joltes@husc4.HARVARD.EDU (Richard Joltes) (08/31/90)

Hi all,

While digging through yet more old stuff in the Science Center I came across
a Q-bus board with not much information on it.  I don't have any peripherals
manuals that list it (or I'm not looking hard enough)...

Anyway, it's a dual-height beastie with a single 40-pin Berg connector and the
legend "asynchronous line intr" (it's presumably a mux of some flavour) and the
DEC number "M8017" on it.  For some reason the term "DLV-11" keeps crossing
my mind but it's probably wrong.

There's no prize for the correct answer, but if I can't use it it'll probably
end up being sold to some lucky winner for $5.

Thanks,

Dick Joltes					joltes@husc4.harvard.edu
Mgr. of Hardware & Facilities
Harvard University Science Center

mark@infocomm.com (08/31/90)

In article <4042@husc6.harvard.edu>, joltes@husc4.HARVARD.EDU (Richard Joltes) writes:
> Hi all,
>
> While digging through yet more old stuff in the Science Center I came across
> a Q-bus board with not much information on it.  I don't have any peripherals
> manuals that list it (or I'm not looking hard enough)...
>
> Anyway, it's a dual-height beastie with a single 40-pin Berg connector and the
> legend "asynchronous line intr" (it's presumably a mux of some flavour) and the
> DEC number "M8017" on it.  For some reason the term "DLV-11" keeps crossing
> my mind but it's probably wrong.

HELL, this sounds familiar.  I think I have one of those sitting on top of my
machine. . . wait . . .  YUP.  The M8017 is what I have, and I know it is
definately a DLV11.  This thing used to be somewhat useful as an interface for
my MicroVAX and a TU58 dual tape drive that I also have which was once used to
support customers with VAX 750's.

> There's no prize for the correct answer, but if I can't use it it'll probably
> end up being sold to some lucky winner for $5.

Any one can have either (or both) the DLV11 and/or TU58 for merely the cost of
shipping.

--
Mark Pizzolato - INFO COMM Computer Consulting, Redwood City, Ca
PHONE:	(415)369-9366	UUCP:  decwrl!infopiz!mark or uunet!lupine!infopiz!mark