[comp.sys.dec] DEC LA50 Printer to DB9 serial port on IBM AT

srm@dimacs.rutgers.edu (Scott R. Myers) (10/02/90)

I've posted this before and only received one response which was not
very specific but appreciated.  Can anyone tell me the proper pinouts
for a DEC LA50 serial printer to an IBM AT 9 Pin serial port.  Any
response would be appreciated...  Thanx...

srm
--

				Scott R. Myers

Snail:	26 Stiles Street			Phone:(201)882-3100
        Apartment 18
	Elizabeth, NJ 07201

Arpa:	srm@dimacs.rutgers.edu			Uucp: ..!dimacs!srm

		"... No matter where you go, there you are ..."

ccjason@aggie.ucdavis.edu (Jason Gabler) (10/03/90)

In article <Oct.1.19.13.54.1990.7417@dimacs.rutgers.edu> srm@dimacs.rutgers.edu (Scott R. Myers) writes:

>I've posted this before and only received one response which was not
>very specific but appreciated.  Can anyone tell me the proper pinouts
>for a DEC LA50 serial printer to an IBM AT 9 Pin serial port.  Any
>response would be appreciated...  Thanx...

A _*VERY*_ good possibility could be this:
		(assuming a DB25, 25 pin connector, is on the LA50)

--------------------
PC-AT		LA50
DB9	Signal	DB25
--------------------
1	DCD	8
2*	RxD	3
3*	TxD	2
4*	DTR	20
5*	Sig Gnd	7
6	DSR	6
7**	RTS	4
8**	CTS	5
9	RI	22
Case	Ch. Gnd	1

* - these are *essential*
** - you might be able to do without these, so a 4wire, or two pair cable
     should do you fine with only the four other pins.

Good Luck!
Jase - ccjason@aggie.ucdavis.edu