[comp.sys.dec] GNU C-compiler for DecStation 3100

reberhar@iiic.ethz.ch (Rolf Georg Eberhardt) (10/24/90)

I'm looking for a GNU C (called gcc) and C++ (called g++) compilers
for the DecStation 3100 running Ultrix. Can someone tell me where I
can ftp them from ?

Thanks

-- rolf

iglesias@draco.acs.uci.edu (Mike Iglesias) (10/25/90)

In article <12924@neptune.inf.ethz.ch> reberhar@iiic.ethz.ch (Rolf Georg Eberhardt) writes:
>I'm looking for a GNU C (called gcc) and C++ (called g++) compilers
>for the DecStation 3100 running Ultrix. Can someone tell me where I
>can ftp them from ?

You can get gcc with the OSF patches for DECstations from foobar.colorado.edu
in pub/Gnu-For-Pmax.  There are patches for g++ also, but I couldn't get
it to work correctly on my DECstation 3100.  The compiler would run ok,
but some of the libg++ tests failed with seg faults.  I gave up after
spending a couple of days playing with it.

Mike Iglesias
University of California, Irvine
Internet:    iglesias@draco.acs.uci.edu
BITNET:      iglesias@uci