[comp.sys.dec] Keyboards for DECStation 5000's

houck@m.cs.uiuc.edu (10/26/90)

I recently aquired a pair of DECStation 5000's.  The problem is, I'm not too
wild about the layout of the keyboards.

Does anyone know if there are any 3rd party keyboards out there that would
work with these machines?

-Chris Houck
(houck@biobio.cs.uiuc.edu)

iglesias@draco.acs.uci.edu (Mike Iglesias) (10/27/90)

In article <7800007@m.cs.uiuc.edu> houck@m.cs.uiuc.edu writes:
>I recently aquired a pair of DECStation 5000's.  The problem is, I'm not too
>wild about the layout of the keyboards.
>
>Does anyone know if there are any 3rd party keyboards out there that would
>work with these machines?

You can use xmodmap to remap the keys on the keyboard.  I've included
my .xmodmaprc below.  It moves ESC to the ~/` key, the ~/` to the </>
key, and < and > to above the , and . keys.

keysym comma = comma less
keysym period = period greater
keysym quoteleft = Escape Escape
keycode 201 = quoteleft asciitilde