[comp.sys.dec] window widgets in DEC Windows

martin@zoo.toronto.edu (Martin Hofmann) (10/15/90)

I am trying to write an application using DEC Window widgets.  I have
created a UIL file that has a main window and inside that a dialog_box and
2 window widgets.  The dialog_box and the first window appear as expected,
however the second window occupies the whole screen.  I have tried reversing
the order of the 2 windows, and again the first window (which used to be
second) appears properly but the second (was first) occupies the whole screen.

Does anyone out there know how to get 2 window widgets displayed?  I am using
a DECstation 2100 connected to a DEC server (CQUEST system).  Any help is
appreciated.

Thanks, martin
--
The world is sacred.  You cannot improve it.	| Martin Hofmann, U of Toronto
If you try to change it, you will ruin it.	| martin@zoo.toronto.edu

andreas@didymus.rmi.de (Andreas Fassl) (11/01/90)

In <1990Oct15.134014.26452@zoo.toronto.edu> martin@zoo.toronto.edu (Martin Hofmann) writes:

>I am trying to write an application using DEC Window widgets.  I have
>created a UIL file that has a main window and inside that a dialog_box and
>2 window widgets.  The dialog_box and the first window appear as expected,
>however the second window occupies the whole screen.  I have tried reversing
>the order of the 2 windows, and again the first window (which used to be
>second) appears properly but the second (was first) occupies the whole screen.

>Does anyone out there know how to get 2 window widgets displayed?  I am using
>a DECstation 2100 connected to a DEC server (CQUEST system).  Any help is
>appreciated.

Please post your listing, maybe your UIL definition are not correct.

bye andreas