[comp.sys.dec] VT320 Emulation

rzelman@coh.UUCP (R. Zelman) (10/24/90)

Can anyone recommend a good VT320/LA75 emulation program for the PC?
Thanks in advance.

Ron Zelman                 Internet:  rzelman%coh.usc.edu

shawn@ka.excelan.com (Shawn Nunley) (10/25/90)

In article <254@coh.UUCP> rzelman@coh.UUCP (R. Zelman) writes:
>Can anyone recommend a good VT320/LA75 emulation program for the PC?
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Ron Zelman                 Internet:  rzelman%coh.usc.edu

Zstem 240 is (IMHO) the best VTxxx terminal emulator around. It emulates
VT300 series very very well. Even the fonts used on the screen are exactly
the same as the real thing. The macro/scripting abilities are virtually
limitless, and Zstem supports many file transfer methods. To top it all off,
you can buy a keyboard with the software that is exactly the same as the
VT320 keyboard that works with the PC. The keyboard is software controlled
so that while you need PC keys, it acts like a PC keyboard, and while you
need VTxxx keys, you've got them (ALL of them, 100%). I have used this
keyboard for over a year now, and all of my regular DOS stuff works fine.
I am extremely pleased with Zstem 240.

Zstem 240 is sold by KEA Systems LTD., 2150 West Broadway, Suite 412,
Vancouver, B.C, Canada, V6K4LN.  Telephone (604) 732-7411 or (800) 663-8702

I am not associated with them in any way other than being a happy customer.

/-------------------------------------------------------------------------\
| Internet: shawn@ka.novell.com             I'm in the high fidelity,     |
| UUCP: {ames,sun,apple,mtxinu,cae780,sco}  first class travelling set    |
|          !novell!shawn                    and I think I need a Lear Jet |
| Shawn Nunley    Tel: (408) 473-8630                                     |
\-------------------------------------------------------------------------/

rbraun@polygen.uucp (Richard Braun) (11/21/90)

A couple of years ago I wrote a complete VT241 emulator and have
often wondered if there's a market for such a thing, enhanced for the
VT300 series.  Right now it sits on my shelf as a several-hundred-page
C source listing.  If I were to somehow bring it up under X, Windows-386,
DEC-Windows, and/or OS/2, would it be useful to folks willing to pay
say $150 (or any other price) for it?

Productizing hacked-up software products like this has always been a
mystery to me.

-rich