[comp.sys.dec] Ymodem on VAX/VMS

83882319@ucs.uwplatt.edu (Doctor WHO) (11/20/90)

Does anyone out there in DECland have a Ymodem file transfer protocol for a
VAX/VMS system?  We have Zmodem, Xmodem, and Kermit but no Ymodem?
Unfortunately for me, for my PC (Commodore) they have only Xmodem, Ymodem and
Kermit, no Zmodem.  I have asked for a Zmodem for Commodore but I thought I'd
probably have a better chance of finding Ymodem for the VAX.  Thanks in
advance.

                                  Doctor WHO

                                  (Cory Hug)

                          83882319@UWPLATT - Bitnet

                     83882319@UCS.UWPLATT.EDU - Internet

grx0644@uoft02.utoledo.edu (11/22/90)

In article <1990Nov19.161357.225@ucs.uwplatt.edu>, 83882319@ucs.uwplatt.edu (Doctor WHO) writes:
> Does anyone out there in DECland have a Ymodem file transfer protocol for a
> VAX/VMS system?  We have Zmodem, Xmodem, and Kermit but no Ymodem?
> Unfortunately for me, for my PC (Commodore) they have only Xmodem, Ymodem and
> Kermit, no Zmodem.  I have asked for a Zmodem for Commodore but I thought I'd
> probably have a better chance of finding Ymodem for the VAX.  Thanks in
> advance.

I posted a note earlier this week asking about xmodem for VMS/VAX. I am also
interested in obtaining Ymodem as well, if it exists.  If anyone has it and is
able to send it to me, I am requesting both source code and the executable, as
I would like to poke around it code as well as use it for its intended purpose.
I own a Commodore also and to find a good Kermit program is impossible,
therefore, I am left with Xmodem and Ymodem.

Thanks in Advance,

Tony