[comp.sys.dec] PDP-11 BBS's

Azog-Thoth@cup.portal.com (William Thomas Daugustine) (12/27/90)

Sorry that I dont have the original artical, but it expired about a week
ago...

About two weeks ago, I posted a request for PDP-11 and/or VAX BBS's, and
have recived _no_ replies. A number of people have asked me to post my
results, which I am now doing, and I also want to restate my original
artical.

If anyone know of any BBSs that run on either PDP-11 or VAX equipment,
please mail me a list of them. Ill post the one number I already know
of...

(I figure two weeks is long enough for net propragation, and for
people of interested parties to reply)

-

Billys Place
(213)837-0892
Login ID is 1000 and password is 'moving target', from there youll
recive a personal ID. Supports the RT-11 SIG, and has the RT-11 SIG
library online for downloading (youll probably need the DECUS catalogue
to help you). VTCOM/TRANSF, XMODEM, and Kermit seem to be supported,
Ive successfully connected at 2400 (which is the highest-lowest, I
dunno:-)

-

Ive run across a reference to another BBS, but have been unsuccessful
at logging into it (due to the fact that I dont know the login procedures!)
All I have is a phone number: (612)777-7664. Ive connected at 2400 baud,
but like I said, couldnt login.

-

Mail replys, etc, to:

Billy D'Augustine
Azog-Thoth@cup.portal.com

mpd@anomaly.sbs.com (Michael P. Deignan) (12/28/90)

Azog-Thoth@cup.portal.com (William Thomas Daugustine) writes:

>If anyone know of any BBSs that run on either PDP-11 or VAX equipment,
>please mail me a list of them. Ill post the one number I already know
>of...

Intellicon Data Systems		+1 401 884 9002

Contact sysadmin@idsvax.ids.com
    or  ...!uunet!rayssd!idsvax!sysadmin

for information on their system.

MD
--
-- Michael P. Deignan, President     -- Small Business Systems, Inc. --
-- Domain: mpd@anomaly.sbs.com       -- Box 17220, Esmond, RI 02917  --

chaim@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Chaim Dworkin) (01/04/91)

In article <37270@cup.portal.com> Azog-Thoth@cup.portal.com (William Thomas Daugustine) writes:

>Sorry that I dont have the original artical, but it expired about a week
>ago...
>
>About two weeks ago, I posted a request for PDP-11 and/or VAX BBS's, and
>have recived _no_ replies. A number of people have asked me to post my
>results, which I am now doing, and I also want to restate my original
>artical.
>
>If anyone know of any BBSs that run on either PDP-11 or VAX equipment,
>please mail me a list of them. Ill post the one number I already know
>of...

stuff deleted

>Ive run across a reference to another BBS, but have been unsuccessful
>at logging into it (due to the fact that I dont know the login procedures!)
>All I have is a phone number: (612)777-7664. Ive connected at 2400 baud,
>but like I said, couldnt login.

I think I replied to you concerning the RSX BBS in Minnesota.  Their
phone number is the one you quoted, 612-777-7664.  When you connect
you push <CR> a number of times until you see a greater-than sign

to that you can enter the command HELP and get a summary of how to
log on.  The logon command is HELLO followed by your last name and
password.  IF you do not have a password you must follow the help
screen to apply for one.  If you do not have a DECUS membership
number the BBS will not let you on.

The software that this BBS is running under is fragile and I've
found in the past 3 weeks or so of calling them that they are
down a lot.  I even crashed it by entering characters in a field
which was expecting numeric input.

--
Chaim Dworkin                             (chaim@eniac.seas.upenn.edu)