[comp.sys.dec] X11R4 on Decstation 21/3100

eric@spock.UUCP (Eric Volpe) (02/09/91)

Has anybody out there compiled the X11R4 distribution (specifically the
[mc]fbpmax code on a decstation running ultrix (3.1 in my case)

it looks like there's a whole directory missing from the distribution, in
ddx/dec/ - there's supposed to be a directory machine/ with stuff like
pmreg.h and pmioctl.h and dc7085.h in it, it's not there! Help!

epvolpe@colby0.colby.edu

Eric Volpe
(207) 873-2053

Eric Volpe					  ...uunet!hsi!yale!spock!eric
Choate Rosemary Hall '90			[.sig still under construction]

metcalf@masala.lcs.mit.edu (Chris Metcalf) (02/09/91)

In article <1991Feb9.061844.9814@spock.UUCP> eric@spock (Eric Volpe) writes:
>Has anybody out there compiled the X11R4 distribution (specifically the
>[mc]fbpmax code on a decstation running ultrix (3.1 in my case)

The missing things in /usr/include/machine are in /sys/io/tc (but of
course!).  To build X11R4, I think all I had to do was the following:

	% cd /usr/include/machine
	% ln -s ../../io/tc/*.h .
	% ln -s dc7085reg.h dc7085cons.h

>Eric Volpe

Chris Metcalf
--
			Chris Metcalf --- MIT Laboratory for Computer Science
			email to metcalf@lcs.mit.edu, or phone (617) 253-7766

mra@srchtec.uucp (Michael Almond) (02/10/91)

In article <1991Feb9.061844.9814@spock.UUCP> eric@spock.UUCP (Eric Volpe) writes:

>Has anybody out there compiled the X11R4 distribution (specifically the
>[mc]fbpmax code on a decstation running ultrix (3.1 in my case)
>
>it looks like there's a whole directory missing from the distribution, in
>ddx/dec/ - there's supposed to be a directory machine/ with stuff like
>pmreg.h and pmioctl.h and dc7085.h in it, it's not there! Help!
>

>epvolpe@colby0.colby.edu

I think this is a well know problem with X11R4.  You find that the paths
have changed for these files.  There are now located in /usr/include/io/tc.

If you still need help, just let me know.

--
Michael R. Almond (Georgia Tech Alumnus)           mra@srchtec.uucp (registered)
search technology, inc.				             mra@searchtech.com