[comp.sys.dec] LSX??? Anyone?

frisbie@flying-disk.com (Alan Frisbie) (02/22/91)

In article <1991Feb21.153439@IASTATE.EDU>,
spam@IASTATE.EDU (Begley Michael L) writes:

> Allright, as the proud new owner of an LSI-11, I recently read an article
> in the July-August 1978 Bell System Technical Journal Part II, which
> described a UNIX specifically for these machines called LSX.  Does *anyone*
> out there have a copy of this?  My machine has got 2 Shugart 801 8" drives,
> 64K, and some sort of console.  Any help with this would be very
> appreciated

Strange that you should mention that.   I have a pair of 8" floppies which
claim to be just that.   No documentation or other information.   They were
part of several *large* boxes of floppies, tapes and manuals that a friend
gave to me when he closed down his company.    I would also like to get
more information on this.   I know virtually nothing about Unix.

---  Alan E. Frisbie                    Frisbie@Flying-Disk.Com  (Preferred)
---  Flying Disk Systems, Inc.      or  ...elroy!flying!frisbie
---  4759 Round Top Drive           or  Flying!Frisbie@Elroy.jpl.nasa.gov
---  Los Angeles, CA 90065          or  Frisbie%Flying@oxy.edu
---  (213) 256-2575                 or  ...oxy!flying!frisbie

spam@IASTATE.EDU (Begley Michael L) (02/22/91)

Allright, as the proud new owner of an LSI-11, I recently read an article in
the July-August 1978 Bell System Technical Journal Part II, which described a
UNIX specifically for these machines called LSX.  Does *anyone* out there have
a copy of this?  My machine has got 2 Shugart 801 8" drives, 64K, and some sort
of console.  Any help with this would be very appreciated

thanks,

-mike begley

* mike begley       "I will not waste network bandwidth"                      *
* spam@iastate.edu  "I will not waste network bandwidth"                      *
* hzl01@iastate.edu "I will not waste network bandwidth"                      *