[comp.sys.dec] vaxen for sale

mike%cs.utah.edu@wasatch.UUCP (Mike Hibler) (03/03/89)

This is posted for a friend.  Send mail to him, not me:
---

For sale:

VAX 8650..................

	floating point accelerator
	Unibus expansion box
	80Mb ram
	Star Coupler
	HSC50
	4 RA82's
	3 RA81's
	TA78 tape drive
	DEC maintained since purchase
	VMS,DECNET,C,PASCAL,FORTRAN,LISP,BLISS
	CMS,MMS,PCA,LSE,SCAN,ETHERNIM,SPM

	$380,000

VAX 750.....................

	floating point accelerator
	RA81 disk
	TU80 tape
	6Mb ram
	ethernet controler
	DEC maintained since purchase

	$10,000

6 VAXSTATION II's...........

	VR260 19" monocrhome monitors
	dual floppy disks
	6Mb  to 10Mb ram
	30Mb to 150Mb disk
	DEC maintained since purchase

	$7,000 to $8,000

Howard Hughes Medical Institute
Al Tingey
801-581-4157
al%howard@cc.utah.edu

i1neal@exnet.iastate.edu (Neal Rauhauser -- ) (02/26/91)

Newsgroups: misc.forsale.computers
Subject: Vaxen for sale, 11/730 , 11/780

    Subject line says it all, heres the description:

        vax 11/730 - 2 chest high cabinets, can be made to run on
                     a wall outlet. The unibus back plane is _full_

            ra80        - 120 meg hard disk
            rl05        - 10  meg removeable hard disk pack
            tape        - top mount 1600 bpi tape, I forget the designation
            4 megs ram
            dz11        - maybe its a du11, the 8 port serial card

      This machine has been parked for a year. It was under DEC service
before that. I ABSOLUTELY will not sell parts of this, if you wanna hack
it up, you can take the lumps on the unsaleable pieces. My current best
offer is $300, but I don't expect that to hold for long. A swap for a
pc/mac/amiga might work, large new IDE/ESDI/SCSI drives are also interesting.
( large drive == 200+ meg). Please don't offer your 4.77xt and expect me to
pay shipping ...

	vax 11/780 - 4 chest high cabinets, power requirements beyond that
                       of the average residential power supply

	    ra81        - 456 meg hard disk
	    tu78	- 1600 bpi free standing tape
	    12 megs ram
            ?????       - 64 port multiplexor
	    ethernet    - model?

     This machine was under DEC service and lived its life in a clean room.
    I'm quite willing to sell this parts, or whole. If you are interested
in any part, send a message specifying _which_ part and what you are offering.
If you just want the complete parts list (model #s and stuff) send a message
asking for it. Don't delay, I don't have storage for it, good things go to
those who act quickly. The parts list will be batch mailed Thursday to anyone
who requests it.
--
   Neal   i1neal@exnet.iastate.edu
 "A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking (meant) for others!"