[comp.sys.dec] tcsh etc...

warren@atmos.washington.edu (David Warren) (03/15/91)

>In article <76791@bu.edu.bu.edu> jdubb@bucsf.bu.edu (jay dubb) writes:
>>   I have a Vaxstation II/RC running Ultrix 4.1.  Putting tcsh (via
>>the chsh command) as one's login shell prevents logins - when you
>>enter your username and password at the DIGITAL prompt, the screen
>(etc.)
>
>We are using tcsh on uVax II and DS5000 machines.  Just put it in /etc/shells
>and in the password entry for the user.  We have had no such problems, but
>we have had a problem in that users logging in to the console get csh.  It
>seems that dxterm uses csh no matter what their login shell is set to.  Any
>suggestions?
>--scott
We run tcsh on both our SUNS and DECstations. Noone has experienced
any of the problems. It actually lives in /usr/local/bin/tcsh with
a link in /bin/tcsh. Our /etc/shells looks like:
ecfc5> cat /etc/shells
/bin/sh
/bin/csh
/usr/bin/ksh
/usr/bin/sh5
/bin/tcsh
ecfc5>
It even works fine in the dxterms.
--
David Warren 		INTERNET: warren@atmos.washington.edu
(206) 543-0945		UUCP:	  uw-beaver!atmos.washington.edu!warren