[comp.sys.dec] LANTRONIX terminal server comments?

bill@banana.fedex.com (bill daniels) (03/27/91)

I am interested in comments about Lantronix tcp/ip-LAT terminal servers.  We
a looking for some small (physically & # ports) terminal servers and the
good price of lantronix is attractive.  I would especially like to hear about
their reliability from a hardware and software standpoint and the SNMP
capabilities such as extended MIBS for remote configuration.

bill
--
these ravings are in no way sanctioned by federal express corp
bill daniels			| voice:  (901)797-6328

bruce@camb.com (Barton F. Bruce) (04/06/91)

In article <1991Mar26.181532.27542@banana.fedex.com>, bill@banana.fedex.com (bill daniels) writes:
> I am interested in comments about Lantronix tcp/ip-LAT terminal servers.  We
> a looking for some small (physically & # ports) terminal servers and the
> good price of lantronix is attractive.  I would especially like to hear about

Never tried them, but the features you seek are available in DEC's new
DS90 that might have been announced by now. I have NOT seen one,
but apparently many customers have seen at least non-disclosure units.

They target BEATING everyone's price! DEC listening to customers?