[comp.sys.dec] How can I use my DECstation 2100's serial port?

eanv20@castle.ed.ac.uk (John Woods) (04/10/91)

If anybody has had any success connecting their DECstation's serial port
to (a) a vt100 type dumb terminal and/or (b) another computer system so
that a terminal window can be opened to it on the display console, I would
very much like to hear from them.

			Thanks in advance...

					...John Woods

--
 /******* cut here ******* John Woods ******* cut here ********
 * Philosophy: Forsan et haec olim meminisse iuvabit (Virgil) *

New_Scott@Fwva.Saic.Com (04/16/91)

eanv20@castle.ed.ac.uk (John Woods) writes:
>If anybody has had any success connecting their DECstation's serial port
>to (a) a vt100 type dumb terminal and/or (b) another computer system so
>that a terminal window can be opened to it on the display console, I would
>very much like to hear from them.
>
>			Thanks in advance...
>					...John Woods

I have a VT320 connected to the serial port of my VAXStation 3100. I used the
standard cable provided with the VT and it was plug and play.

Scott Carpenter
SAIC Systems Manager
Falls Church, VA