[comp.sys.dec] Wanted: NFS for VMS

paul@sunatb.UUCP (Paul Rijnhout) (04/17/91)

We are searching for a NFS implementation for VMS V5.x to connect our
unix systems and PC's to the VMS filesystems.
Where can we find NFS for VMS ? What are the caveats ?

Thanks in advance
--
Paul Rijnhout (paul, {..hp4nl!bsovax!}sunatb!paul, paul@sunatb)
BSO/AT Breda, The Netherlands

karsten@tfl.dk (04/18/91)

In article <397@sunatb.UUCP>, paul@sunatb.UUCP (Paul Rijnhout) writes:

> We are searching for a NFS implementation for VMS V5.x to connect our
> unix systems and PC's to the VMS filesystems.
> Where can we find NFS for VMS ? What are the caveats ?
>
> Thanks in advance
> --
> Paul Rijnhout (paul, {..hp4nl!bsovax!}sunatb!paul, paul@sunatb)
> BSO/AT Breda, The Netherlands

At least the following companis have NFS:

    DEC: VAX-ULTRIX connection.
       caveats: The pourest implementation of TCP/IP you can get.
       It havn't even got mail!  We have never got it to communicate
       relaibly with our SUNs.  Don't buy it.

    WINTCP.  The most widely used TCP/IP implementation.  It has a
       UNIX like interface for the tools.  Producer: The Wollongong
       Group.  It is sold by DEC, but you can also try mailing
       postmaster@twg.com.

    MULTINET.  This is the cheapest, and people who have both WINTCP
       and MULTINET usably recommend it has the best.  I think they
       are the only who have support for the VMS acting as NFS client.
       The other implementations allow the VMS system to act
       only as server.  Try mailing postmaster@tvg.com.

Karsten Nyblad
TFL, A Danish Telecommunication Research Laboratory
E-mail: karsten@tfl.dk