[comp.sys.dec] Max Memory in 2100?

brian@cimage.com (Brian Kelley) (04/26/91)

I've been told that the 2100 can only have a maximum of 12 megs of RAM.  I
have a machine with 16 megs (and so it says at boot time).

I'm left wondering, how much RAM can you put into a DecStation 2100?
Can the machine use 4 meg SIMMS?

 Thanks for any info,

  Brian

---
brian@cimage.com

ajc@thendara.pa.dec.com (AJ Casamento) (04/26/91)

	Brian,

	  The DS2100 can handle a maximum of 24MB. And no, it can't handle
	4Mbit DRAMs. Whoever told you that it would only handle 12MB was
	selling you a bill of goods. I hope that clears things up for you.

				Thanx,
				  AJ

      * AJ Casamento			"The question is not whether or    *
      * Digital's TRI/ADD Program	 not the opinions are mine; but    *
      * 100 Hamilton Ave. UCO1-B	 rather, which of my personalities *
      * Palo Alto, CA 94301-1616	 do they belong to?"		   *
      * 415.853.6744							   *
      * ajc@decwrl.dec.com						   *

alan@shodha.enet.dec.com ( Alan's Home for Wayward Notes File.) (04/26/91)

In article <1991Apr25.195835.27108@cimage.com>, brian@cimage.com (Brian Kelley) writes:

> I've been told that the 2100 can only have a maximum of 12 megs of RAM.  I
> have a machine with 16 megs (and so it says at boot time).

	Nope.  It's 24 MB just like the DECstation 3100.

> I'm left wondering, how much RAM can you put into a DecStation 2100?
> Can the machine use 4 meg SIMMS?

	I'm not sure if you can use larger capacity SIMMs, but
	the memory limit is still 24 MB.

>  Thanks for any info,

	You're welcome.

--