[comp.sys.dec] Need Kermit Help!!

kirkr@hpgrla.gr.hp.com (Kirk Rothe) (06/01/91)

Does anyone know of a way to get KERMIT or some other
file transfer program on TK25 compatible tape for a
PDP-1134 running RSTS?  I understand that my system
can read anything in Files11 format.  Unfortunately
systems with a TK25(?) compatible tape drive are
hard to find.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

terry@spcvxb.spc.edu (Terry Kennedy, Operations Mgr.) (06/01/91)

In article <1270001@hpgrla.gr.hp.com>, kirkr@hpgrla.gr.hp.com (Kirk Rothe) writes:
> Does anyone know of a way to get KERMIT or some other
> file transfer program on TK25 compatible tape for a
> PDP-1134 running RSTS?  I understand that my system
> can read anything in Files11 format.  Unfortunately
> systems with a TK25(?) compatible tape drive are
> hard to find.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

  I can make you a RSTS format TK25 tape with Kermit on it. By the way,
your drive reads DOS-11 tapes, not Files-11.

  Before you get all excited, if you are running a version of RSTS older
than V9.6, you may have to do a SYSGEN in order to add the operating sys-
tem feature "multiple private delimiters".

  Send mail for more information.

	Terry Kennedy		Operations Manager, Academic Computing
	terry@spcvxa.bitnet	St. Peter's College, US
	terry@spcvxa.spc.edu	(201) 915-9381