[comp.sys.dec] How to smtp from unix to VMS??

sgs@rand.mel.cocam.oz.au (Stuart Szabo) (06/06/91)

Does anyone know how I can send email from unix hosts to
a VMS 5.4 system with UCX?   Smtp doesn't seem to come bundled
with UCX.

Someone mentioned 'mail11v3'.   Is this all I need to get the
Vax talking email to the unix boxes?   If so,  where can I
get a hold of mail11?

		Thanks,
			Stuart Szabo

--
Postal:    Co-Cam Computer Services              |  Stuart Szabo
	   18-22 Trenerry Cr                     |  sgs@rand.mel.cocam.oz.au

gwlester@cpu.com (Gerald Lester) (06/06/91)

In article <307@rand.mel.cocam.oz.au> sgs@rand.mel.cocam.oz.au (Stuart Szabo) writes:
>Does anyone know how I can send email from unix hosts to
>a VMS 5.4 system with UCX?   Smtp doesn't seem to come bundled
>with UCX.
>
>Someone mentioned 'mail11v3'.   Is this all I need to get the
>Vax talking email to the unix boxes?   If so,  where can I
>get a hold of mail11?

Get MX from DECUS.  Works great.

juh@qt.IPA.FhG.de (Juergen Henke) (06/08/91)

In article <307@rand.mel.cocam.oz.au> sgs@rand.mel.cocam.oz.au (Stuart Szabo) writes:
>Does anyone know how I can send email from unix hosts to
>a VMS 5.4 system with UCX?   Smtp doesn't seem to come bundled
>with UCX.
>
>		Thanks,
>			Stuart Szabo

There exists an excellent package from the RPI named "MX". It will work with
UCX, CMU-TCP/IP and Multinet. You can get it (free!) via anonymous ftp
from  vms.ecs.rpi.edu (as the name tells it's a VMS system, so don't use
unix syntax for changing the dirs).
They have there also a fileservice via e-mail, but i don't remember the
exact syntax. It's address is fileserv@vms.ecs.rpi.edu or - via Bitnet -
FILESERV@RPIECSVX.

Juergen

P.S.: We use it here at several LAVCs. Works VERY well...

Juergen Henke, e-mail juh@qt.IPA.FhG.de, PSI-mail PSI%4505016002::JUH_IPA
Fraunhofer-Institut f. Produktionstechnik u. Automatisierung
Nobelstrasse 12, D-7000 Stuttgart 80