[comp.sys.dec] Anyone ever try/succeed to connect an NEC 2246 to an SC03-MS?

kalisiak@acsu.buffalo.edu (christophe m kalisiak) (06/16/91)

Hello all,

	I will be receiving a MicroVAX late next week with an RD53 on
it. The only problem is that the RD53 will be full and I have to add
another drive to it.

Now for the question. I have an NEC 2246 8" SMD drive which I would like
to attach to the system. I have been informed that I should not try an
SC03-BX (due to the RH11 not being supported), but should get either an
SC03-MS or QD32. I will go with a QD32 if I have to, but I would like to
know if I would somehow be able to use an SC03-MS.

So, does anyone have any experience hanging a 2246 off an SC03-MS?
Or, alternatively, does anyone have an inexpensive alternative to
this SMD configuration?

Thanks,
Chris Kalisiak
kalisiak@acsu.buffalo.edu

terry@spcvxb.spc.edu (Terry Kennedy, Operations Mgr.) (06/16/91)

In article <80107@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU>, kalisiak@acsu.buffalo.edu (christophe m kalisiak) writes:
> Now for the question. I have an NEC 2246 8" SMD drive which I would like
> to attach to the system. I have been informed that I should not try an
> SC03-BX (due to the RH11 not being supported), but should get either an
> SC03-MS or QD32. I will go with a QD32 if I have to, but I would like to
> know if I would somehow be able to use an SC03-MS.

  The QD32 is a _much_ nicer board than the SC03. Dual-width, much lower
power requirements, faster, etc. I have 2 of 'em in use here and they've
been very reliable.

	Terry Kennedy		Operations Manager, Academic Computing
	terry@spcvxa.bitnet	St. Peter's College, US
	terry@spcvxa.spc.edu	(201) 915-9381