[comp.sys.dec] Wanted: Calendar & Scheduler package

dsa@hermes.dlogics.com (06/18/91)

Wanted: Calendar & Scheduling software for VMS.

Does anyone know of any package that has a scheduler/calendar.  We would
like something like the All-In-One scheduler (but we don't want All-In-One
because they won't unbundle this portion) where people can look at other
people's schedule and tentatively schedule them for something at a certain
time (needing that person's approval).

We would like either commercial packages or free/share ware.  We don't mind
paying but cannot afford DEC's prices for all of All-In-One.

If anyone knows of anything, could you email reply to me?  Thanks in advance.
----
David S. Angulo                  (312) 266-3134
Datalogics                       Internet: dsa@dlogics.com
441 W. Huron                     UUCP: ..!uunet!dlogics!dsa
Chicago, Il. 60610               FAX: (312) 266-4473

harvey@vax.muskingum.edu (06/19/91)

In article <655.285cbffe@hermes.dlogics.com>, dsa@hermes.dlogics.com writes:
> Wanted: Calendar & Scheduling software for VMS.
>
> Does anyone know of any package that has a scheduler/calendar.  We would
> like something like the All-In-One scheduler (but we don't want All-In-One
> because they won't unbundle this portion) where people can look at other
> people's schedule and tentatively schedule them for something at a certain
> time (needing that person's approval).
>
> We would like either commercial packages or free/share ware.  We don't mind
> paying but cannot afford DEC's prices for all of All-In-One.
>
> If anyone knows of anything, could you email reply to me?  Thanks in advance.

I would also be interested in hearing what is available, so if I could
also be e-mailed the responses, or have them posted I would appreciate it.

Ryan Harvey
HARVEY@VAX.MUSKINGUM.EDU - Internet

gwlester@cpu.com (Gerald Lester) (06/22/91)

In article <1991Jun19.002457.15@vax.muskingum.edu> harvey@vax.muskingum.edu writes:
>In article <655.285cbffe@hermes.dlogics.com>, dsa@hermes.dlogics.com writes:
>> Wanted: Calendar & Scheduling software for VMS.
>>
>> Does anyone know of any package that has a scheduler/calendar.  We would
>> like something like the All-In-One scheduler (but we don't want All-In-One
>> because they won't unbundle this portion) where people can look at other
>> people's schedule and tentatively schedule them for something at a certain
>> time (needing that person's approval).
>>
>> We would like either commercial packages or free/share ware.  We don't mind
>> paying but cannot afford DEC's prices for all of All-In-One.
>>
>> If anyone knows of anything, could you email reply to me?  Thanks in advance.
>
>I would also be interested in hearing what is available, so if I could
>also be e-mailed the responses, or have them posted I would appreciate it.
>
>Ryan Harvey

Digital has announced and shown at DECUS Symp. (Atlanta '91) a product called
DECplan and Decplan/Time Management which does this. The second product is a
subset of the first.  I believe they said that it should be available around
Sept.-Oct. time frame.

Gerald W. Lester
gwl@cpu.com

ajc@thendara.pa.dec.com (AJ Casamento) (06/22/91)

In article <1991Jun19.002457.15@vax.muskingum.edu> harvey@vax.muskingum.edu writes:

   > In article <655.285cbffe@hermes.dlogics.com>, dsa@hermes.dlogics.com writes:
   > Wanted: Calendar & Scheduling software for VMS.
   >
   > Does anyone know of any package that has a scheduler/calendar.  We would
   > like something like the All-In-One scheduler (but we don't want All-In-One
   > because they won't unbundle this portion) where people can look at other
   > people's schedule and tentatively schedule them for something at a certain
   > time (needing that person's approval).
   >
   > We would like either commercial packages or free/share ware.  We don't mind
   > paying but cannot afford DEC's prices for all of All-In-One.
   >
   > If anyone knows of anything, could you email reply to me?  Thanks in advance.

>> I would also be interested in hearing what is available, so if I could
>> also be e-mailed the responses, or have them posted I would appreciate it.

>> Ryan Harvey
>> HARVEY@VAX.MUSKINGUM.EDU - Internet

	Ryan,

	  Per your request, herein is my e-mail response to David's original
	request. I hope that it helps. And, of course, I make NO warranty as
	to how the package works in your environment.

					Thanx,
					  AJ

      * AJ Casamento			"The question is not whether or    *
      * Digital's TRI/ADD Program	 not the opinions are mine; but    *
      * 100 Hamilton Ave. UCO1-B	 rather, which of my personalities *
      * Palo Alto, CA 94301-1616	 do they belong to?"		   *
      * 415.853.6744							   *
      * ajc@decwrl.dec.com						   *

From ajc@wse.dec.com Tue Jun 18 15:06:25 1991
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 91 15:06:20 -0700
From: ajc
To: dsa@hermes.dlogics.com
Cc: ajc
Subject: Wanted: Calendar & Scheduler package

	David,

	  I saw your posting this afternoon. I just wanted to let you know
	about a package we use here in our group:

	Package			Synchronize

	Company			CrossWind Technologies, Inc.

	Address			6630 Highway 9, Suite 201  Felton, CA 95018

	Phone			408.335.4988

	FAX			408.335.1086

	email			synchronize@xwind.com

	It provides some really great functionality. For instance:

	* The ability to schedule events and invite other attendees.

	* During the event creation, as you select each invitee, their
	  schedule gets blocked out as well so that at the end you can
	  see the potential free meeting times.

	* The ability to schedule conference rooms so that you can match
	  people with room availability.

	* The ability of an invitee to confirm, refuse or indicate "maybe"
	  as a response to the invite.

	* The ability to print out schedules.

	* The ability to create a "to-do" list that follows you from day to
	  day on uncompleted items. But keeps a record of when the action was
	  completed.

	* The ability to create groups so that you can segment your user base.

	There's a lot more. But, you can get that directly from CrossWind.
	Tell them that the DEC folks in Palo Alto said howdy.