[comp.sys.dec] RSX 2.1 & 11/73

brada@bardlover.Eng.Sun.COM (Brad Albom) (06/25/91)

Hi there-

I've been out of the DEC world long enough that I don't remember
the answer to what should be a straight forward question.

A friend is trying to load RSX 11 M+ Rev 2.1 on an 11/73
(i.e. doing a sysgen), but the 11/73 doesn't show up as
one of the CPU choices. Is the 11/73 supported by this rev
of RSX ? If so, what does he specify ? If not, what rev
does he need ?

Thanks in advance,

-brad a.
email: brada@eng.sun.com

young@eg.ecn.purdue.edu (Mike Young) (06/28/91)

In article <15762@exodus.Eng.Sun.COM> brada@bardlover.Eng.Sun.COM (Brad Albom) writes:

>A friend is trying to load RSX 11 M+ Rev 2.1 on an 11/73
>(i.e. doing a sysgen), but the 11/73 doesn't show up as
>one of the CPU choices. Is the 11/73 supported by this rev
>of RSX ? If so, what does he specify ? If not, what rev
>does he need ?

	In the universe of PDP11 models, the /73 is a young pup. I think you
need to be up to V3.0 on M+, as the /73 didn't exist when V2.1 came out. I do
know the /73 is supported at V4.0.

--
    |  Mike Young KA9HZE                |       young@ecn.purdue.edu    |
    |  Purdue University EE Dept.       |       ...!pur-ee!young        |