[rec.music.makers] MPU401 Interrupt Driven interface

cab@hropus.UUCP (Courtney A Brown) (12/03/88)

Does anyone have C code for interfacing to an MPU401 MIDI
Interface on an AT Compatible?  The code that I'm working on installs
the vector to my routine in the table, and It appears to program the
Interrupt controller properly (for Vector 2), and enable the system interrupts,
but somewhere along the line, the interrupt is being blocked. Examples and
information on the AT-Interrupt vectors, what interrupts you've
successfully used, what else might be chained onto vector 2, etc.
is sincerely appreciated.

THANX
--
-----------------------
          -CAB-        Courtney A Brown: cab@hropus.UUCP (AT&T-BL Holmdel, NJ)

sandell@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Gregory Sandell) (12/03/88)

In article <402@hropus.UUCP> cab@hropus.UUCP (Courtney A Brown) writes:
>Does anyone have C code for interfacing to an MPU401 MIDI
>Interface on an AT Compatible?

	The MIDI Toolkit, made by Roger Dannenberg and Colleagues at
Carnegie Mellon University, has a complete device driver and interrupt
handler in C and assembler code for the IBM PC/XT/AT.  This is *well
worth* the trouble and the small nominal fee they charge for the manual
and the disks (like, $20).  Write to Roger.Dannenberg@SPICE.CS.CMU.EDU
and he will tell you you need to do to get it.

	I was once involved in a problem much like yours.  Sorry to say
that I forgot any of the details, but what I did learn at the time was
by staring at the Toolkit code.

	Good luck.
	Greg Sandell

pete@wlbr.EATON.COM (Pete Lyall) (12/07/88)

I just received the Voyetra Tech manual for their OP-4001 card
(MPU-401 clone) and it seems very complete. It also includes the
entire Roland MPU-401 tech manual as part two of the book (with
Roland's permission). You can get a disk containing all of the sources
in the book for a few bucks extra. I believe the book was around $20.
It can be obtained from your Voyetra dealer, or:

 Voyetra Technologies
  333 Fifth Avenue
  Pelham, NY 10803
  (914) 738-4500

I have no affiliation with them except as a happy Seq+ user... (and
OP-4001 user)....

Pete

--
Pete Lyall (OS9 Users Group VP)|  DELPHI: OS9UGVP  |  Eaton Corp.(818)-706-5693
Compuserve: 76703,4230 (OS9 Sysop) OS9 (home): (805)-985-0632 (24hr./1200 baud)