[rec.music.makers] Hello K1 users

db9x@newton.acc.Virginia.EDU (Daniel Bernstein) (04/27/91)

This is for all of you w/ a Kawai K1 and an ibm pc/at.

Has anyone managed to find a public domain patch librarian/editor
or has created one for their system? I just bought my K1, and I'm
very impressed with the sounds, however I'd like to be able to do
all of the editing from my computer using my MIDI setup.

Computer: Kaypro 286i, Music Quest PC MIDI card, EGA
Synth: K1 keyboard, no effects or rackmounts.

Daniel Bernstein			" I am awake... The mind is ...
db9x@virginia.edu			  ... listening"
					- William Carlos Williams.

pirk@dev0d.mdcbbs.com (04/29/91)

In article <1991Apr26.180244.3742@murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU>, db9x@newton.acc.Virginia.EDU (Daniel Bernstein) writes:
> This is for all of you w/ a Kawai K1 and an ibm pc/at.
>
> Has anyone managed to find a public domain patch librarian/editor
> or has created one for their system? I just bought my K1, and I'm
> very impressed with the sounds, however I'd like to be able to do
> all of the editing from my computer using my MIDI setup.
>
> Computer: Kaypro 286i, Music Quest PC MIDI card, EGA
> Synth: K1 keyboard, no effects or rackmounts.

I have not even found a retail patch editor for the K1. The only thing I have
been able to do is use Cakewalk Pro as a generic librarian.  So.... I would
also like to hear about the results of your quest....
	Did you also mention some patch trades?

It shouldn't make a difference, but is your K1 a K1II (two), or just a K1?
I have the K1II keyboard (effects & drum) and K1m module (no effects or drum).
If you could, post your results, as there may be more of us strange people
with IBM type machines and Kawai keyboards.

sp

.Steve Pirk.......midit.....Voice: (714) 952-5516.........................
..McDonnell Douglas M&E..Internet: pirk@dev0.mdcbbs.com...................
...5701 Katella Ave..........UUCP: uunet!mdcbbs!dev0.mdcbbs!pirk..........
....Cypress, CA. 90630........PSI: PSI%31060099980019::DEV0::PIRK.........
"The opinions expressed herein, are probably not those of MDC, and I'm not
 sure if I can even call them mine......."

jk40+@andrew.cmu.edu (James Chi-Hoon Kim) (05/01/91)

I'm not a IBM/Kawai user but there is a BBS called MIDI TECH in pittsburgh
that specializes in Kawai/IBM stuff.

I believe there are K1 editors and every PD patch there is.
But alas I can't use them because I have a MAC.

The number is MIDI TECH 412-771-5763.

The Sysop is Kris Caledonia. A nice guy.

-James