Whether you are just beginning to learn MIDI or a seasoned professional,
you will learn more about MIDI with this series of videotapes.

Here is a brief description of these videos:

#1 - Fundamentals of MIDI

This is an instructional videotape which teaches the basic concepts of MIDI.
It is a combination of footage from a seminar taught in February of 1991
covering MIDI basics, as well as scenes shot in a typical home studio
showing some of the topics discussed in practice.  Topics covered include:

             1 -  What is MIDI ?
             2 -  Why use MIDI ?
             3 -  A typical MIDI system.
             4 -  Sequencing.

#2 - Advanced Topics in MIDI

This instructional videotape teaches the essentials of MIDI.  It is a
combination of footage from an advanced MIDI seminar taped in March 1991,
and includes actual home studio techniques.  Topics covered include:

             1 -  Improving your sequences.
             2 -  Synchronization (FSK, SMPTE, MTC).
             3 -  Standard MIDI files.
             4 -  Much, Much more !!

General explanations with specific examples on Roland W30 workstations
and CAKEWALK MIDI software.

These videos are part of a series covering music technology and
related subjects.  Order your set NOW.

$29.95/each, both for $49.95 + S&H.  VISA/MC Accepted.

Call TODAY -> 1-800-USA-TAPE (1-800-872-8273)

cook@roger (Doug Cook 756-1460) (06/11/91)

In article <8963@drutx.ATT.COM> mdeltoro@druco.ATT.COM (DeltoroMA) writes:
>Make your own music using MIDI (Musical Instrument Digital
>Interface) techniques.  Two 100+ minute instructional videotapes
>will show you how to use one of today's hottest technologies.
> [...]

Please keep advertisements off the usenet. (If I'm not mistaken, this
sort of stuff is strictly against Internet policy.) Thanks -

	-Doug

Doug Cook				|"Much is being said, my lords,
Dept. of Electrical Engineering and CS	| but nothing is being done."
University of California		| 		-Jeff Beck
Davis, CA				|

ktaylor@supernet.dallas.haus.com (Kurt Taylor) (06/11/91)

Is this a joke or what ???
--
 +--------+    Kurt Taylor --> ktaylor@supernet.haus.com
 | HARRIS |    Harris Adacom Corporation
 | ADACOM |    16001 Dallas Pkwy. Dallas, TX 75248   (214) 386-2023
 +--------+    Disclaimer type thing.   Blah. Blah. Blah.

bierman@davidsys.com (06/12/91)

In article <8963@drutx.ATT.COM>, mdeltoro@druco.ATT.COM (DeltoroMA) writes:
[...beginning of ad deleted]
> These videos are part of a series covering music technology and
> related subjects.  Order your set NOW.
>
> $29.95/each, both for $49.95 + S&H.  VISA/MC Accepted.
>
> Call TODAY ->

I'm sure there are many people that may benefit from these tapes,
and that many of these same people can be reached via the rec.music.*
newsgroups. But that doesn't mean it's okay to use the net for
free advertising...plugging a gig or an independent album release
is one thing--but this is ridiculous.

--andy;
bierman@davidsys.com