[rec.music.synth] Definition of SMUS-IFF files for Macintosh?

ahby@meccts.UUCP (04/01/87)

We need the structure definition for the Simple Music Interchange File
Format (SMUS-IFF).  SMUS files are used by "standard" music programs on
the Mac to transfer data.  We would like to be able to intelligently
interpret the data in these files, and obviously need the definition
before we can do that.  Please reply via E-Mail.  I will summarize to
the net if I find out anything interesting.
--
Shane P. McCarron		UUCP	ihnp4!meccts!ahby, ahby@MECC.COM
MECC Technical Services		ATT	(612) 481-3589

lee@wang.UUCP (04/21/87)

In article <2417@meccts.MECC.COM>, ahby@meccts.MECC.COM (Shane P. McCarron) writes:
> We need the structure definition for the Simple Music Interchange File
> Format (SMUS-IFF).

PLEASE post to the net if Geoff Brown or whoever owns SMUS is agreeable!!
I've wanted a copy of SMUS and MIDIfile specs for quite a while.  They're
not even on PAN.

	Lee Story @ Wang Labs