[rec.music.synth] request info about job for Ph.D. in music, psych and computers

ix368@sdcc6.ucsd.EDU (Daniel Remler) (06/09/87)

I have a Ph.D. in Music Theory AND Experimental Psychology.
I'm looking for work doing research in human (especially music)
perception, artificial perceptual systems, pattern recognition,
or, more generally, systems engineering or quality assurance.

Worked at the UCSD Center for Music Experiment for 2 yrs.
If you have info or are interested, write:

Thomas E. Amos, Ph.D.

129 10th St. Apt. E
Del Mar, CA  92014

or call  (619) 481-7413 before 3 p.m. or (619) 259-1751 after 3
p.m..  Thanks!

rapaport@sunybcs.UUCP (William J. Rapaport) (06/10/87)

In article <3187@sdcc6.ucsd.EDU> ix368@sdcc6.ucsd.EDU (Daniel Remler) writes:
>I have a Ph.D. in Music Theory AND Experimental Psychology.
>I'm looking for work doing research in human (especially music)
>perception, artificial perceptual systems, pattern recognition,
>or, more generally, systems engineering or quality assurance.

SUNY Buffalo has excellent programs in AI (including pattern
recognition), electronic music (Lejaren Hiller is on our faculty),
and cognitive science.  For further info on the CS dept., contact

Mrs. Eloise Benzel
Dept. of Computer Science
SUNY Buffalo
Buffalo, NY 14260

A letter to the Dept. of Music at the same address should elicit a good
response, too.

Contact me electronically for specific questions:

				William J. Rapaport
				Assistant Professor

Dept. of Computer Science, SUNY Buffalo, Buffalo, NY 14260

(716) 636-3193, 3180

uucp:	..!{allegra,decvax,watmath,rocksanne}!sunybcs!rapaport
csnet:	rapaport@buffalo.csnet
bitnet:	rapaport@sunybcs.bitnet