[rec.music.synth] Compumates MIDI Software

duane@toto.uucp (Duane Day [too many notes?]) (08/13/87)

Does anyone out there know anything about the Compumates line of MIDI software
for the ST?  I'm specifically interested in their Patch editor for the Korg
DSS-1.  It's always seemed to me that the DSS-1 and ST were a pretty incredible
!/$ combination, but I've only heard reference to this one ST editor for the
DSS-1.

Also, has anybody had any experience running Mac MIDI software with the Magic
Sac?  Here, I'm specifically interested in the DigiDesign Sampler software.

Please send replies via email - I'll send a summary to anyone who's interested.

--
************************ |UUCP: {hplabs, decwrl}!sun!{misun, toto}!duane
..but one of the choices | COM: duane%misun@sun.com

czei@osupyr.UUCP (Michael S Czeiszperger) (08/16/87)

In article <16463@toto.uucp> duane@sun.UUCP (Duane Day [too many notes?]) writes:
>Also, has anybody had any experience running Mac MIDI software with the Magic
>Sac?  Here, I'm specifically interested in the DigiDesign Sampler software.

We bought the DigiDesign software for the Mirage, but I really have no
idea as to the identity of a Magic Sac .  Could someone please
enlighten me???

Thanks,

Michael S. Czeiszperger           | Disclaimer: "Sorry, I'm all out of pith"
Sound Synthesis Studios           | Snail: Room 406 Baker     Phone: (614)
College of the Arts Computer Lab  |        1971 Neil Avenue            292-
The Ohio State University         |        Columbus, OH 43210           0895
UUCP : {decvax,ucbvax}!cbosgd!osupyr!czei

rwn@ihlpa.ATT.COM (Bob Neumann) (08/18/87)

In article <16463@toto.uucp>, duane@toto.uucp (Duane Day [too many notes?]) writes:

> Also, has anybody had any experience running Mac MIDI software with the Magic
> Sac?  Here, I'm specifically interested in the DigiDesign Sampler software.

Don't forget that Digidesign will be releasing Soundesigner for the
ATARI ST within a couple of months - supposed to be significantly
lower in price than the equivalent versions for the Macintosh.

I'm going to wait a while before investing $$$in Mac Soundesigner
software and a Magic Sac.  However, if you have access to
the Soundesigner stuff for free, you're probably in luck...

			Bob Neumann