[rec.music.synth] M.I.D.I. routines on Mac

sseidman@polyslo.UUCP (Steven R Seidman) (07/05/88)

Is there anybody out there who knows of any routines written in Pascal/C for
M.I.D.I. on the Mac?  I have heard that accessing the port on the Mac is very
complicated.  I am currently using Turbo Pascal.  I have heard about M.I.D.I.
BASIC (do not want to program in BASIC), and M.I.D.I Pascal.  Has anybody ever
used the Pascal version?  Can I use it with Turbo Pascal?

            Thanks.

Steven R. Seidman

csz@well.UUCP (Carter Scholz) (07/07/88)

In article <3250@polyslo.UUCP> sseidman@polyslo.UUCP (Steven R Seidman) writes:
>Is there anybody out there who knows of any routines written in Pascal/C for
>M.I.D.I. on the Mac?  I have heard that accessing the port on the Mac is very
>complicated.  I am currently using Turbo Pascal.  I have heard about M.I.D.I.
>BASIC (do not want to program in BASIC), and M.I.D.I Pascal.  Has anybody ever
>used the Pascal version?  Can I use it with Turbo Pascal?
>
>            Thanks.
>
>Steven R. Seidman

MidiPascal works with the Lightspeed Pascal compiler.  You can't
use it with Turbo Pascal unless you do some converting.
   A more useful set of MIDI routines for the Mac, in Pascal,
is available free (for a formatted diskette and return postage)
from Austin Development, 227 Marin St., San Rafael CA
94901.  These too are for Lightspeed Pascal.  They are also
available on many Mac BBS systems; they are public domain.