[rec.music.synth] Mac DX/TX Voice Editor/Librarian

pow@mitisft.Convergent.COM (Greg Powers) (10/15/88)

Musical Macaroons:

I am needing to buy a dx/tx7 voice editor/librarian for my
little macintosh.  Can anyone give a positive or negative
recommendation on any of the products out there?  I
notice that Opcode's product is at least $179, not cheap!

It would be nice if there is something useable in the PD.

Any information is appreciated.

Greg Powers
pow@mitisft.Convergent.COM
408-435-3738 (days)

david@epicb.UUCP (David P. Cook) (10/18/88)

In article <479@mitisft.Convergent.COM> pow@mitisft.Convergent.COM (Greg Powers) writes:
>I am needing to buy a dx/tx7 voice editor/librarian for my
>little macintosh.  Can anyone give a positive or negative
>recommendation on any of the products out there?  I
>notice that Opcode's product is at least $179, not cheap!
>It would be nice if there is something useable in the PD.

Greg:

   Buy Opcode... it's worth it (BUT MAKE SURE THAT WHAT YOU BUY RUNS UNDER YOUR
   RELEASE OF SYSTEM SOFTWARE...)

   Opcode is neat beacuse...

	1)  It has random patch generators
	2)  If you get other editors from Opcode, you can glue all together
	    under one librarian.
        3)  It's real fast to load up (patches)

   Opcode sucks because...

	1)  It's copy protected
	2)  It runs on a Mac (but if its what you got, its what you got)

   However, if you a hack at all... write your own!!!  A good knowledge of
   MIDI protocal is a great thing to have!

--
         | David P. Cook            Net:  uunet!epicb!david        |
         | Truevision Inc.  |   "Sometimes I cover my mouth with   |

cspencer@spdcc.COM (Cliff Spencer) (10/19/88)

Do any of the DX/TX editors on the market really exploit the graphical
interface i.e. selecting an operator by clicking on its icon in the
algorithm diagram? This would be a very intuitive way of working.
						-cliff

--
Cliff Spencer
cspencer@spdcc.COM